The development of Port of Aalborg’s newest business area Ankeret is accelerating at a rapid pace. The area is currently being transformed into an attractive location for businesses with the need of good production, warehousing, administration, and logistics facilities. Last year, Port of Aalborg initiated the construction of the 4,600 square meter large office building C-House. Now, the construction of five adjacent warehouses has begun.
The new warehouses will be built according to Port of Aalborg’s existing Harbour Storage concept with a total capacity of almost 10,000 square meters, accommodating most needs for universal storage and smaller production activities.
– With the construction of five new warehouses, we are making a significant expansion of our existing storage capacity. Each building has a height of eight meters, making them suitable for flexible storage solutions that can be scaled up and down and adapted as needed. At the same time, the warehouses can be used for minor production activities if desired, says Senior Commercial Manager, Real Estate at Port of Aalborg, Jeppe Faber.
In addition to neighboring the coming C-House, scheduled to be ready in the spring of 2023, the warehouses are also closely connected to Port of Aalborg’s logistics center, which is currently being expanded by 150,000 square meters, and where players such as Danske Fragtmænd, Bring and Mollerup Mølle are already operating storage facilities.
– At Ankeret, tenants can combine their storage solution with the upcoming, state-of-the-art office facilities, while we also offer direct access to a well-functioning, multimodal logistics setup with good transport solutions by sea and on land. Additionally, the area is well-known for the opportunities of collaboration and industrial symbioses with other companies, explains Jeppe Faber.
High demand for storage solutions: Dialogue with tenants is already well underway
The new warehouses are not the first of their kind in the business area in eastern Aalborg. To meet the great need for storage solutions, Port of Aalborg has built a total of 14,000 square meters of universal storage capacity over the past four years. Most recently in 2020, where three similar storage buildings were ready.
– A few years ago, the storage capacity in the region was critically low, which is why we have prioritized to continuously expand our facilities in recent years. With the new warehouses, we increase the total number of such buildings to 12. In that way, we can meet the demand here and now, but also in the longer term an urgent need for such facilities may occur, says Jeppe Faber. He elaborates:
– We can, however, conclude that the interest is indeed still present and the dialogues with the first potential tenants are already underway, he concludes.
The five warehouses will be built at Ankeret 12, 14, 16, 18 and 20. They are expected to be ready for commissioning by March 2023.
About the project:
Developer: Port of Aalborg A/S
Contractor: M. Thomsen Støtt A/S
Consulting engineer: Viborg Ingeniørerne A/S
Consultant: CF Møller
Construction period: 2022-2023
Total size: 9,650 square meters
For further information please contact:
- Jeppe Faber, Senior Commercial Manager, Real Estate, Port of Aalborg A/S, tel. +45 99 30 15 03 and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Press service: Maja Thordahl Schou, Head of Branding & PR, Port of Aalborg A/S, tel. 22 61 83 08 and email@example.com