Equipment for the construction industry is in high demand these years. This is also the case at the global equipment rental company LOXAM with branches in both Aalborg, Copenhagen and Aarhus.
In Aalborg, the company has grown out of its existing facilities at the oil terminal. Therefore, Port of Aalborg has just finished the construction of a new 356 square meter office building, which is ready to accommodate both rental, office, shop, showroom, and welfare facilities.
– LOXAM has experienced very positive growth in recent years, especially in Aalborg. We have hired many new employees in the department and as a result, we have outgrown our existing office building. At the same time, we wanted to introduce a new concept in Aalborg, where we combine rental activities with a showroom to exhibit our machines. Therefore, we decided to build a brand new office building, with which we go all-in on creating an exciting universe in collaboration with Port of Aalborg, says Technical Director at LOXAM, Frank Larsen.
Port of Aalborg owns the new office building at the oil terminal. Now, it has been handed over to LOXAM and Frank Larsen is particularly pleased to uphold the presence in Aalborg East:
– We are very satisfied with our location. In terms of infrastructure, it is very well located with close access to both the city center, the new port, and the highway, while we do not bother our neighbors when our trucks drive back and forth with large machines. Therefore, we are pleased to get a large new plot of land so that we can continue to benefit from the good infrastructure here, says Frank Larsen.
Replaces an old gas station
In order to meet LOXAM’s need for space, Port of Aalborg chose to demolish an old gas station, making room for the large office building
– In recent years, we have had a good cooperation with LOXAM and we are pleased to support their growth and development. For this reason, it has been important for us to accommodate LOXAM’s need for more space and additional square meters. Therefore, we looked at alternatives to the building site, which ultimately meant that we removed an old gas station, cleaned the site, and made room for the new building, says Jeppe Faber, Senior Commercial Manager at Port of Aalborg.
Enemærke & Petersen has been the contractor of the project, located on Olievej 7. LOXAM plans to officially inaugurate the new facilities in July 2022 and will invite to an open house in August to celebrate the new department.
For more information, please contact:
- Jeppe Faber, Senior Commercial Manager, Real Estate, Port of Aalborg A/S, tel. +45 99 30 15 03 and email@example.com
- Frank Larsen, Technical Director, LOXAM, tel. + 45 20 90 36 13 and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Press Service: Maja Thordahl Schou, Head of Branding & PR, Port of Aalborg A/S, tel. +45 22 61 83 08 and email@example.com