Just two years ago, one of the country’s largest shipping agencies SDK Shipping moved from Nørresundby into the East Port in Aalborg to be closer to the business park’s maritime environment and more collaboration partners. Since then the shipping company has gone from strength to strength, experiencing such rapid growth that it already now requires additional space.
Consequently, SDK Shipping has just signed an agreement with Port of Aalborg for a larger lease with access to canteen and meeting facilities.
– Since we moved to the East Port, we have experienced tremendous growth, partly due to the exceptional conditions at the Port, which have created great value for us. Thanks to our location, there are more of us in the daily operations, who now have direct contact with the maritime environment at the port, which affords us easier access to our partners. This creates a clear value for us operationally, as we can participate from the quay, instead of using time traveling to the port, says Chief Operating Officer at SDK Shipping, Steffen S. Dalgaard, and elaborates:
– Our presence at the port has also enabled us to further expand our network and gain more partners in Aalborg and North Jutland in general. We are very pleased with the region and the favourable conditions have certainly contributed positively to our development.
According to Steffen S. Dalgaard, good cooperation with Port of Aalborg has also been a catalyst for staying at the East Port.
– We have very good cooperation with Port of Aalborg. They have been particularly understanding regarding flexibility during the move into the new premises. We were afforded the time we needed to move and prepare all the installations in advance, which meant a lot to the company.
SDK is represented in six countries with approximately 375 employees in 24 offices. Their Aalborg office currently employs a staff of nine managing shipping activities throughout North Jutland. Port of Aalborg is pleased to continue its cooperation with SDK Shipping:
– SDK Shipping is one of Denmark’s largest shipping agencies and we are delighted to see that the company is developing positively with us here at the East Port. Interest in the new agreement has been mutual, as SDK Shipping is an ideal fit with the eco-system at the port, where they collaborate with several companies, says commercial manager at Port of Aalborg, Jeppe Faber.
The shipping company will move into its new base at Langerak 17 in December.
For further information, please contact:
- Chief Operating Officer, Steffen S. Dalgaard, SDK Shipping, tel. +45 76 20 50 52 and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Commercial Manager, Jeppe Faber, Port of Aalborg A/S, tel. +45 29 20 72 03 and email@example.com
- Press service: Maja Thordahl Schou, Communications consultant, Port of Aalborg A/S, tel. +45 22 61 83 08 and firstname.lastname@example.org