Port of Aalborg’s Commercial Manager and responsible for oil and tank storage, Michael Rosenkilde Lind, has just been presented as part of this year’s Tank Storage Forty Under 40 list. The internationally acknowledged list showcases the rising stars under the age of 40 in the tank storage industry.
Nominees are selected by StockExpo and Tank Storage Magazine – and this year, Michael Rosenkilde Lind made the prestigious cut.
– First and foremost, I am extremely grateful for the nomination. It is both a personal and professional acknowledgement, as well as a great compliment to Port of Aalborg and the company’s tireless work. It shows that we are involved in a broad array of interesting projects that reach beyond international borders, says Michael Rosenkilde Lind.
As part of the nomination, Michael Rosenkilde Lind is exclusively invited to the largest and longest-running conference in the bulk liquid storage industry, StockExpo in Rotterdam. Due to COVID-19, the conference will not take place until 2022, but Michael Rosenkilde Lind already looks forward to participating in the event where industry leaders from more than 80 countries are gathered:
– StockExpo is a true hotspot for stakeholders within bulk, tank storage and oil trading. It is a great platform for expanding our relations with market-leading professionals and organisations, while we also get to showcase our own projects and knowledge, Michael Rosenkilde Lind remarks.
Future-proof oil terminal gains international recognition
Among other things, Michael Rosenkilde Lind has been nominated for the list due to his impressive work with the oil terminal at Nordjylland Power Station.
When Port of Aalborg acquired the terminal in 2015, the four 55,000 cubic meter large fuel storage tanks had been inactive for 15 years. Since, however, Michael Rosenkilde Lind has been involved in future-proofing the thanks in close collaboration with Port of Aalborg’s technical department. Among other things, this has involved a comprehensive renovation which has led to a reduction in electricity consumption and a link-up to the district heating grid.
Michael Rosenkilde Lind is satisfied that the project is now being recognised by the international industry:
– After a thorough renovation, the storage tanks are now in operation and used for storage of low sulfur marine fuel oil while we plan to use them for other types of bunker products in the future as well. At the same time, the technical department has completed a conversion of the heat supply which has led to a cut in carbon emissions with up to 90 percent. Therefore, we are naturally very pleased that the project gains recognition internationally.
For further information, please contact:
- Michael Rosenkilde Lind, Commercial Manager, Bulk, Project & Cruise, Port of Aalborg A/S, tlf. +45 99 30 15 11 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Press service: Maja Thordahl Schou, Head of Branding & PR, Port of Aalborg A/S, tlf. +45 22 61 83 08 / email@example.com