IT company Netic will soon inaugurate its fourth nationwide data centre at the Anchor, which is the newest part of Port of Aalborg’s business park. The data centre will be the first-of-its-kind for the area.
The 1,000 square metre data centre will be fully built in April and will help ensure the operation of IT systems Netic handles for several major Danish companies and public organisations.
– We operate a wide range of infrastructure-critical systems and health applications that require a high capacity. Therefore, we have long been looking forward to completing the new data centre, and we are pleased that it will happen in just a few months, says CEO of Netic, Steen Jensen.
The data centre is built in close collaboration with Port of Aalborg and complies with a wide range of equipment and energy source requirements. Among other things, the data centre is designed to run solely on wind power and is built according to the so-called Tier 3 standard:
– Our data centres use a lot of energy, which is why we feel obliged to think green wherever it is possible. Therefore, it pleases us to know that we in close cooperation with Port of Aalborg have succeeded in building a state-of-the-art data centre powered by clean wind power, which can eventually also pass on surplus heat into the district heating network, says Steen Jensen, elaborating:
– Additionally, the data centre is built in accordance with the Tier 3 standard, which sets high requirements for safety and accessibility. It is our guarantee to customers that not only the building but also equipment such as servers and generators are carefully selected to ensure stable operation while also reducing power consumption.
Part of the port’s growing business park
Port of Aalborg has invested significantly in the company’s east Aalborg business park over the years. Among the investments is a new 140,000 square metre large business area named the Anchor, which is the location of Netic’s new data centre.
– We are satisfied that Netic has chosen to establish the data centre here with us. It has been a very positive and interesting process to work together with them to find the most optimal solution for the data centre. At the same time, due to its energy supply and the opportunity to contribute positively to the district heating network in the future, the project fits very well into our ambitions to create a business area characterised by partnerships, business symbioses, a green supply chain and free resource flow between companies and the surrounding players, says Senior Commercial Manager, Real Estate, at Port of Aalborg, Jeppe Faber.
The new data centre has a capacity of 1MW and will be fully operational from April. In the long term, Netic plans to let other companies lease capacity in the data centre.
For further information, please contact:
- Morten Friis Olsson, Marketing Manager, Netic A/S, tel. +45 25 70 28 22 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jeppe Faber, Senior Commercial Manager, Real Estate, Port of Aalborg A/S, tel. +45 99 30 15 03 or email@example.com
- Press service: Maja Thordahl Schou, Head of Branding & PR, Port of Aalborg Logistics, tel. +45 9930 1528 / +45 2261 8308 and firstname.lastname@example.org
For 20 years, Netic has performed best-of-breed business-critical IT operations management for private companies and public institutions. Based on their own data centres on Danish soil, Netic operates customers’ systems, thus ensuring security and stability for a number of critical applications. As part of the Trifork family, Netic is also a sister company to a large number of IT companies in 11 countries.