Danske Fragtmænd’s growth and success have spawned a need for additional storage capacity and improved logistics, a need that Port of Aalborg is now ready to fulfil by concluding an agreement for the building of a new 16,000 square-metre warehouse in the industrial area at the East Port in Aalborg.
– The expansion affords us an opportunity to concentrate our activities at a single location, thereby creating synergies in our internal logistics. Apart from consolidating our storage facility, crane division and handling of general cargo, all areas of growth, the additional square metres also provide a framework for a new package sorting facility, which we have just invested in, says Bo Kristensen, Terminal Manager at Danske Fragtmænd Aalborg.
The new storage facility for Danske Fragtmænd will be built on a plot owned by Port of Aalborg, which is also the project developer. The construction is a further development of Port of Aalborg’s Harbour Storage halls, of which seven have been built and leased at the East Port in recent years. Harbour Storage comprises multi-purpose halls that can accommodate most tenants requiring warehousing, logistics and light manufacturing facilities with the option of customisation. The warehouse for Danske Fragtmænd will also facilitate the operation of an indoor crane.
– We are very pleased to collaborate with Danske Fragtmænd, which has long been a major actor at the East Port, and we look forward, through the construction of the additional storage capacity, to contributing to their positive development, says Jeppe Faber, Commercial Manager at Port of Aalborg.
The new warehouse is being constructed as an expansion of Fragtmænd’s existing facilities on Rørdalsvej.
Good opportunities for expansion
For Danske Fragtmænd the possibility for expansion was a significant factor in locating at the East Port.
– We have a really good long-term cooperation with Port of Aalborg. We have good dialogue around our needs and greatly appreciate the opportunity for expansion in the area. We believe that Aalborg and North Jutland can help to equip us for the future and new customers, and this was a major reason for choosing to expand in the East Port, says Bo Kristensen.
The contractor behind the new warehouses shall be found via an EU tender. AK83 Architects are co-ordinating contractors for the project in collaboration with the consultant engineering company Frandsen and Søndergaard. Construction is expected to commence before the summer.
For further information, please contact:
- Jeppe Faber, Commercial Manager, Port of Aalborg Logistics A/S, tel. +45 99 30 15 03 / +45 29 20 72 03 and email@example.com
- Press service: Maja Thordahl Schou, Head of Branding & PR, Port of Aalborg A/S, tel. +45 22 61 83 08 and firstname.lastname@example.org