The development of Port of Aalborg’s popular business area Ankeret is well under way. Since 2021, several players have moved into the area at the East Port, and now another company is on its way.
The energy group Verdo has just entered into an agreement with Port of Aalborg on the acquisition of a 13,700 square meter area, where a new factory and adjacent office facilities will be built in the coming months for the subsidiary Verdo Energy Systems.
Verdo with headquarters in Randers now gathers its North Jutland activities:
– After a long search, we are happy to finally have our future in place at Port of Aalborg. Until now, our activities in the region have been spread across several locations in and around Aalborg. Now we gather all our employees in modern and up-to-date facilities in a strategically good location south of the fjord close to the E45, says Margrete Larsen, HR Director at Verdo.
Verdo Energy Systems specializes in the development of custom-made energy solutions, including the production of components and technologies for large energy plants, which in the future will be produced, among other places, at the new location in Aalborg.
Moves into business area with lots of activity
Verdo Energy Systems is not the only company that has seen then potential of the business area Ankeret. In 2022, the IT company Netic took a new data center into use, and earlier this year, Danbrit moved into a new domicile of 8,500 square meters.
In general, there is great interest in the area, where Port of Aalborg operates the C-House office building as well as more than 16,000 square meters of warehouse and logistics facilities.
– Our ambition is to create an attractive business area that supports the growth of local companies. Therefore, we are pleased with the Verdo agreement, which confirms that we are doing the right things. We are experiencing great interest from companies that want to be part of the area and make use of the opportunity to collaborate with other players across the local value chain, explains Jeppe Faber, Senior Commercial Manager, Real Estate, at Port of Aalborg.
Verdo Energy System’s new facilities are expected to be ready in the second half of 2024.
For further information, please contact:
- Bjørn Olsen, press officer, Verdo, tel. +45 24 69 14 13 and email@example.com
- Jeppe Faber, Senior Commercial Manager, Real Estate, Port of Aalborg, tel. +45 99 30 15 03 and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Press service: Maja Thordahl Schou, Head of PR, Port of Aalborg, tel. 22 61 83 08 and email@example.com